homestead - Re: [Homestead] How did you make the break?

  • From: Rob <becida AT comcast.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] How did you make the break?
  • Date: Sat, 07 May 2005 20:19:39 -0700

Just thought of something else...

Things that won't hurt if you can find them at garage sales or auctions (I never went to an auction until after I was in MN, that's a place to find some deals!).

Garden hose, you can't have too much garden hose. As I was leaving a farm auction (I'd had enough fun..) before it was over I noticed a pile of used garden hose. I stopped and went back, ended up getting it all for like a dollar, with that I could drag a hose out to the way back...
Extension cords.
Buckets
Electrical supplies (light switches - wall plugs - wire nuts - wire), fasteners (screws, nails, bolts, etc farm auctions are good for these), and a vice for mounting on your bench (the power of a third hand).

Last but not least a battery operated drill (has to come with a spare battery) and a collection of dry wall screws.

Rob in WA (now)