homestead - Re: [Homestead] Our shameful infant mortality rate

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Our shameful infant mortality rate
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 09:00:22 -0800

James, did a fat person fall on you when you were a small child? Did your
parents threaten you with a fat person sitting on you? I really hate to
disillusion you, not that that would ever happen, but fat is not the answer
in all health care questions.

So, using your theory, then the 24.7 mortality rate of Lake County, TN would
be because all those mothers were fat? Particularly since the 3rd leading
cause of death is homicide unless you are going off on a rant that more fat
people kill others? AND, since the second leading cause of death is URI,
I'm thinking perhaps you should be ranting about cigerette smoking and that
certainly isn't something that is more predominate in those that are fat
than those that are skinny. In fact, probably the reverse is true. Oh my,
does that mean that maybe the real problem is skinny people. I mean, after
all, just how many fat people have you seen in the news accused of murder?

AND, state rankings in education aren't based on spending UNLESS you go the
specific chart based on spending. *Most* rankings are by test scores for
reading and math. And another of basis is spending per capita. You know
better than broad brushing and generalities. Makes ya sound like some
public school official!

Lynda