homestead - RE: [Homestead] Garage door opener knowledge out there?

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: RE: [Homestead] Garage door opener knowledge out there?
  • Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2004 08:19:08 -0700

Does it stop on when something is in the way or does it have to contact the object before stopping?

It is designed to stop when it contacts something, like a child or a car. Pressure activated safety.

When it stops, does it sound like the motor is bogging or binding?

When I touch the button on the transmitter, the motor whirs into action, then stops shortly thereafter. The clutch is not engaging, I think. I can't figure out the coincidence between the lube job and the malfunction.