homestead - RE: [Homestead] Garage door opener knowledge out there?

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: RE: [Homestead] Garage door opener knowledge out there?
  • Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2004 12:45:10 -0700

When you hear the noise, does the drive screw turn at all?

No, the drive screw does not turn.

For those who may encounter a like condition, Home Depot has new Genie garage door openers for as little as $155. They will arrange installation for $99.

I found a guy through the Yellow Pages who said he would credit his $30 service call fee to the purchase/installation of a new unit, if this one is unfixable.

The homesteader in me does not like to hire someone to do anything. But my current time value credit outweighs my pride pain debit.