homestead - RE: [Homestead] Garage door opener knowledge out there?

  • From: Don Bowen <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: RE: [Homestead] Garage door opener knowledge out there?
  • Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2004 09:44:34 -0800

At 12/7/2004, you wrote:
When I touch the button on the transmitter, the motor whirs into action, then stops shortly thereafter. The clutch is not engaging, I think. I can't figure out the coincidence between the lube job and the malfunction.

I expect it is just coincidence and nothing more. When you hear the noise, does the drive screw turn at all? There could be a shear pin between the motor and shaft. I suspect that any gears are plastic and one could be broken. They are built to a price, not quality.

Don Bowen
Awl Knotted Up Woodworking
Valley Center, CA http://www.braingarage.com