homestead - Re: [Homestead] self-fulfilling prophecy -

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] self-fulfilling prophecy -
  • Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2004 07:59:44 -0700

The environment is in trouble and the religious right doesn't care.

Toni, thanks for finding and posting Moyers' speech. I respect all religious beliefs and support every sovereign person's right to believe as they choose. Those who take politics seriously prevail over those who take it less seriously. One speech doesn't make a truth, but this one is a jolting attention getter. The DC Whorehouse always plays to the gallery.

Some will dismiss Moyers as a flawed messenger, rather than address the issues. I find that Moyers has an open and broad-reaching mind. I especially enjoyed the series he did with Joseph Campbell, who knew a bit about religion.