homestead - RE: [Homestead] DIY value- was Garage door opener knowledge out there?

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT dtnspeed.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [Homestead] DIY value- was Garage door opener knowledge out there?
  • Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2004 19:59:26 -0600

< The bright side is that it was only a .15 circlip (Actual cost, correct
spelling), and that you actually found a repairman to diagnose it and tell
you the truth and fix it. And today, that's a pretty bright side.>

Not that long ago, a repairman came out to fix my washing machine that
refused to drain. It was a tiny little wire that cost about nothing. He
asked if it was okay to charge $15 for the trip.

There are honest repairmen out there, particularly I firmly believe, in
small communities where his mother might talk to mine... you get the drift