homestead - Re: [Homestead] Garage door opener knowledge out there?

  • From: "Jerry W. Shepperd" <shepperd AT austincc.edu>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc: "homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org" <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Garage door opener knowledge out there?
  • Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2004 16:56:35 -0600

Gene,

Caveat: I'm no garage door expert, but a similar thing happened to my daughter's garage door opener. It took some looking, because the problem is hard to see, but the coil spring above the door -- the one that twists tighter when the door is lowered, so the spring helps lift the door -- was broken. Not all doors have the twist spring. Some have springs on the side rails.

Jerry