homestead - RE: [Homestead] DIY value- was Garage door opener knowledge out there?

  • From: "Warren F. Smith" <WarrenSmith AT PalmettoBuilders.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [Homestead] DIY value- was Garage door opener knowledge out there?
  • Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 16:10:49 -0500

>>That is why I used to have several pins and containers of
>>screws, springs,
>>clips, etc.

Whenever I go to the hardware for stuff like that or plumbing fittings, if I
need one I buy three or four. We live too far out to make all those trips.
Sometimes finding the little parts I KNOW I have somewhere in the shop takes
longer than the trip to town, though. I also take apart the devices and
appliances that break around the house and salvage switches, transformers,
pulleys, belts and especially bolts and nuts and motors. I really enjoy it
when my youngest son gets a science project and we can rummage all the parts
from under the workbench.

---
Hey, we check all the outgoing mail and certify it Virus Free.