homestead - Re: [Homestead] Speaking of Asses

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Speaking of Asses
  • Date: Sun, 07 Nov 2004 07:27:10 -0700

But can someone explain to me why having them send money they have earned back to Mexico is a bad thing? I just don't get it.

As I understand it, it is a good thing to have money pass through many local hands. Somehow this magically improves the local economy. Money is surreal, of course, but it represents energy expended and potential purchasing power. If the money leaves, so does the energy and the purchasing power.