homestead - Re: [Homestead] Homestead My Ass

  • From: "clanSkeen" <sgian AT planetc.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Homestead My Ass
  • Date: Sat, 6 Nov 2004 21:54:43 -0500

How ridiculous. He'll take a board position at Haliburton, move back to
Crawford and, with the twins all grown up, fall off the wagon and drink beer
all day.
---

I could see it, but I'd be leaning toward Lynda's prediction. I think he'll hit the sawdust trail. The revisionists who think this country was founded on Christian principles haven't paid attention to the most fascinating aspects of our history. This country has gone in regular waves of religious fervor followed by times of apostasy only to start the cycle again. It just so happens that the 1750's until the 1820's was just such a time of apostasy and so religion had nearly nothing to do with the founding of the country. In the 1820's there was the Cain Ridge Revival and two decades of religious fervor, only to fall into apostasy again in the 1850's. After the War of Northern Aggression, there was another period of religious revival during which we acquires "In God We Trust". The late teens through the 30's was a secular time followed by Bible thumping in the 1950's which gave us "One God Indivisible". We're due for another great revival and who better to be the man with God on his side than our man Bush?

James