homestead - [Homestead] Speaking of Asses

  • From: "clanSkeen" <sgian AT planetc.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] Speaking of Asses
  • Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2004 08:18:37 -0500

Here's a story that goes along with my old harangue about non-machine work being superior to machine work. I can very much endorse the sentiment of the Mexicans here, I've go a donkey and you cannot ask for a more agreeable and useful animal.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6423420/

The story repeats the phenomenon of young Mexicans coming here to work and sending the money back to the family farms in Mexico. This has been often cited as reason to not have the Mexicans here. But can someone explain to me why having them send money they have earned back to Mexico is a bad thing? I just don't get it.

James