homestead - Re: [Homestead] Speaking of Asses

  • From: Tvoivozhd <tvoivozd AT infionline.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Speaking of Asses
  • Date: Sun, 07 Nov 2004 10:40:28 -0800

Gene GeRue wrote:

But can someone explain to me why having them send money they have earned back to Mexico is a bad thing? I just don't get it.

tvoivozhd---a great benefit for Mexico, practically none for the U.S.---the peasant recipients don't buy U.S. products or services.

As I understand it, it is a good thing to have money pass through many local hands. Somehow this magically improves the local economy. Money is surreal, of course, but it represents energy expended and potential purchasing power. If the money leaves, so does the energy and the purchasing power.

tvoivozhd---money has a large economic impact in the country and region where it is spent---circulates five times on average before it wanders off somewhere else.. In the hands of those who don't spend it on products and services, it has almost no effect
If production profit AND employee payroll AND product sales ALL occur in the same country and region, the economic impact is maximized within its borders---doesn't happen it its totality nowadays where production and payroll is transferred to Chiha, profit to foreign tax shelters, and no taxes paid to sustain necessary U.S.government infrastructure and services. That is a formula to create a declining economy, declining middle class---poorer and poorer transportation and most of the other rapidly accumulating economic ills of our society.