ch-scene - Re: Local 506 vs. Smoking

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "Jeremy Blair" <jerblar AT gmail.com>
  • To: "RTP-area local music and culture" <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Local 506 vs. Smoking
  • Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 10:48:30 -0400

Poor smokers, they are so gun shy these days from heavy, heavy scrutiny and
sideways glances from non smokers that they are more uncomfortable when they
indeed can smoke. They just want to burn a few cigs without bothering
anyone. Give them a designated area or clearly pronounced rules and they'll
follow it happily. I don't smoke but I usually find myself outside with the
smokers just cause they have the best five minute conversations followed by
synchronized stamping of cig butts. They are happy out there, and happy
knowing that they aren't bothering anyone inside. Ban it I say.