ch-scene - Re: Local 506 and Cookies (was Local 506 vs. Smoking)

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Jeff Hart <jeffhoo1 AT gmail.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: Local 506 and Cookies (was Local 506 vs. Smoking)
  • Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 02:38:18 -0000

i'm with you for sure on the tube amp aspect vs. modeling in the
kitchen. though i started with the 15 watter, bob northcott encouraged
me to go with the 50 watter eventually. great rehearsal amp and for
lots of live situations. the attenuator is a nice plus. i did go the
valvetronix route for the neighbors sake and not for band situations.
i go for the fender tweed deluxe or a vox for live shows and doing bbq
and cookies the way nature intended.

btw, i mentioned this to chris rossi awhile back, but i bought a
handwired bassman circuit board (fully loaded) and may swap it out in
my pcb bassman eventually. i may need his or someone's guidance
though. i'm thinking a more even and slow bake could be accomplished
and would make for easier maintenance. i am dabbling in moravian
cookies and hope to have the process down by thanksgiving.