ch-scene - Re: Local 506 and Cookies (was Local 506 vs. Smoking)

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: editor AT capefearmercury.com
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: Local 506 and Cookies (was Local 506 vs. Smoking)
  • Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 15:34:02 -0700

Jeff, I have to say that while the Valvetronix (I play through the 30
watt model) can add those classic sounds to one's baking (try the UK
70s setting with the flanger on slow sweep), it is probably not the
amp for most cookies -- sugar cookies, perhaps, but anything with
oatmeal or chips is going to need a little more heat.
I'd probably use my Twin (four 6L6s) for those. My Bassman (2 6L6s)
would probably do the job, but there isn't enough room for a cookie
sheet. Such are the troubles of modern musicianship.
For a small late night jam and batch, I'd think a good old Princeton
Reverb would do just swell, especially for snickerdoodles.
.