ch-scene - Re: Local 506 vs. Smoking

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: grady <grady AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Local 506 vs. Smoking
  • Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 11:33:15 -0400

Aye!

I mean, shit, they allow it a block or so east, down there in la-di-da Carolina Brewery-land. All you gotta do is say you're a restaurant, and buy some plastic tables . . . and waitaminute! How many cookies would you have to bake and sell in order for them to become >50% of your income?

Chris Calloway wrote:
--- Duncan Murrell <dvmurrell AT nc.rr.com> wrote:
just sometimes like to have my cigarette with a beer or other glass
of something nearby.

yes, clearly we are being reductionist. if we remove
our blinders, we can see what we actually need is to
allow smokers to have their beer outside on the
sidewalks. we've been trying to solve the wrong
problem all along!

i say we take a vote. all in favor of drinking in the
streets?

3