ch-scene - Re: Local 506 vs. Smoking

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Chris Calloway <ifoufo AT yahoo.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Local 506 vs. Smoking
  • Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 10:21:47 -0700 (PDT)

--- kevin maxwell farmer <fakirmevern-amch AT yahoo.com>
wrote:
> I think that really depends on how you manage the
> books, or so I hear.
>
> grady wrote:
> > I mean, shit, they allow it a block or so east,
> down there in la-di-da
> > Carolina Brewery-land. All you gotta do is say
> you're a restaurant, and
> > buy some plastic tables

i think it's all about the valet parking. as long as
you are willing to bring a drunk's car to him so he
doesn't go barreling up the sidewalk running over all
his fellow drunks, then i think you're probably good
to go with drinking in the streets.

i went to the la-di-da brewery once and got a beer at
the bar. drinking the beer caused my smoking genes to
express themselves. i asked the bar keep if i could
take my beer out to the table on the sidewalk so i
could smoke. i was told i could only do so if i had
ordered the beer and some food from a wait at the
table.

so obviously, the 506 needs coctail waits! whoo-hoo!

3