ch-scene - Re: Smoke

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "Jean-Luc Diabolique" <VeroniqueDiabolique AT gmail.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: Smoke
  • Date: 19 Jan 2006 12:31:34 -0800

I've attended local music shows since the late 80's, and smoke filled
clubs have always made it harder to convince my friends to attend
shows. Many of these friends were on-the-fence rockers or non-rockers
to begin with, and the smoke factor helped give them a way out --
another reason to stay home.

I've never met anyone who stayed home from a music show because the
club was smoke free.

The Cave's recent change to have a smoke-free room definitely
contributed to more friends showing up for our last show there.

Jean-Luc
Veronique Diabolique