ch-scene - Re: Durham music scene

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Jeremy Blair <jerblar AT gmail.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Durham music scene
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 11:54:13 -0500

Wearing less black is definitly indie...and it helps to have your t-shirt
fit snuggly also. Avoid mailstream culture? Absolutely. But that means indie
bands/promoters/venues have to find creative ways to get the music heard so
people will know if they want to see the show or not. I know that when I
feel like seeing a show I bring up the venue's web page and look at the
schedule. If a band has a link to their music I lsiten. If I like what I
hear, I go, if I don't I don't.