ch-scene - Re: Smoke

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: ron thigpen <ron AT fuzzsonic.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Smoke
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 12:04:42 -0500

Glenn Boothe / Local 506 wrote:

Well, that and the fact that one of my employees swore to me that he
would never go to a non-smoking venue and that there were a lot of
people like him (I don't smoke, so I can't relate.)

Addicts will say the craziest things. Who knows how true this would turn out to be? (I know it's a business risk for you.) Of course, addicts are also incredibly adaptable.

If the town would allow people to drink on the sidewalk in front of
506, now we'd be in business.

Haven't I seen folks drinking at patio tables in front of a restaurant just up the street? How does the law differentiate?

Could we just turn the Cage into a glass tube with a giant exhaust hood and make that the smoking booth? Or maybe something with sliding glass doors in that corner behind the doorman? (only sorta kidding)

And, for the record, we did have one band, Deerhoof, request a
smoke-free show - and not a single person complained, so there is a
precedent there.

Sample of one, but still...

--rt