ch-scene - Re: Rhapsody for Macs

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: ron thigpen <ron AT fuzzsonic.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Rhapsody for Macs
  • Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 12:52:48 -0500

Chris Rossi wrote:

It also wastes a perfectly good CD. As a consumer, I avoid spending money with companies that treat me like a criminal. ITunes is a bad deal on several different fronts.

well, you can play the CD, but you're right it's a stupid, unnecessary step. like printing a photo so you can scan it back it. dumb. wait a minute, can you use CD-RWs? still dumb, but not as hard on the landfill.

whatever. i'm not interested in buying lossy, DRM'd music anyway.

also, from my perspective, iTunes is horrible bloatware. i've got a raft of smallish audio programs each of which does pretty much exactly what i want. the sum of them gives me much more than iTunes would. and only one of them cost money.

EAC, Foobar2000, Tag&Rename, FLAC tools, LAME, SlimServer, iPodder, etc.

--rt