ch-scene - Re: Rhapsody for Macs

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: stablenet AT nc.rr.com
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: Rhapsody for Macs
  • Date: 16 Dec 2005 12:50:38 -0800

I went back to Mac two years ago because in laptops, the price isn't
that far off. The machines seem to be better built and when I had an
issue, I walked in, handed the computer to the tech and picked it up
later. No charge, and he told me what had happened in layman's terms.

I do music on mine, and it works weel for recording and sound engine
applications. I'm so happy with my Mac that at this point, even if I
didn't do music, I'd use it just for 'net, email and word processing.
It never crashes. As in *never*.

I'm on my second Mac laptop. I upgraded to a Powerbook because of the
heavy duty case and I wanted a little more speed. My old one was fine
and now my buddy Josh has it and is happy.

The switch was easy and the learning curve was not an issue. It's
pretty intuitive.

I noticed your handle, and for what it's worth, I know a lot of Red Hat
people who use Macs. I think it's because the back end is UNIX, right?