ch-scene - Re: Rhapsody for Macs

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Kevin Darbro <kdarbro AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: "RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>" <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Rhapsody for Macs
  • Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 12:38:44 -0500

It's hard for me to tell a a substantial quality difference from the
original ACC files (which are obviously already compressed) when I rip MP3s
at 192 kbps. They sound acceptable on my studio monitors, on the car stereo
and on my iPod's ear bud headphones.

So, I guess the quality is good enough for me.

I remember in the olden days, my friends and I would make copies of copies
of cassette tapes, and somehow we lived with the quality loss!

As long as I could hear 80's music on my generic walkman back in the day, it
didn't matter.

Rock on,

- Kevin