baslinux - Re: [BL] Foxit .PDF viewer

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Foxit .PDF viewer
  • Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 15:47:46 +1300

Message from Steven
===================
Sindi wrote:

> If you manage to collect all of these, the latest
> Firefox ought to also work. It needs pango and cairo.

The dependencies for Firefox 1.5.0.12 gtk1:
libpthread.so.0
libdl.so.2
libgtk-1.2.so.0
libgdk-1.2.so.0
libgmodule-1.2.so.0
libglib-1.2.so.0
libXext.so.6
libX11.so.6
libm.so.6
libstdc++.so.6
libgcc_s.so.1
libc.so.6

The tricky one is libstdc++.so.6. As far as I
can tell, version 6 of that library first came
in with Slackware 11. So I upgraded my BL2
libraries with the solibs, elflibs and cxxlibs
packages from Slackware 11. Unfortunately,
those libraries do not work with a 2.2 kernel,
so I'm using a 2.4 kernel now.

Somebody may find an simpler way to fulfill
the libstdc++.so.6 dependency without a full
library and kernel upgrade.