baslinux - Re: [BL] floppy version

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] floppy version
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2007 03:58:23 +0000 (UTC)

Rechecking opera problems in ext2 BL3.50-beta (with the later busybox 1.22). I recall libXext also not being found by opera until I fiddled around trying different versions of X libraries and suddenly libXext was found but libX11 was not found when I did ldd (from BL2) on ANY of the non-static X libraries in x-libs: libXIE Xaw Xmu Xt Xtst and Xext. That is the state here now. I cannot figure out what I changed and did not keep notes. Sorry.

If I boot into BL3.40 ldd (from BL2 - the BL3 one works on executables not libraries) shows that all the libraries needed by the X libraries are present in both BL3.40 and BL3.50. If I boot into BL3.50 ldd (from BL2)
ldd shows that libX11 is not found for libXext (I don't have the others). ldd on jwm and anything else in /usr/X11R6/bin finds libX11.

The libXext I was using in BL3.40 (from some Slackware - 3.2?) acts the same as the one from x-libs.tgz for BL3.

I don't see how the change in window manager or busybox would affect the added X libraries. What else is changed in BL3.50 that might also have messed up the lucent modem?

I await confirmation of both my problems - libXext not being found and lucent modules not working (acts as if ppp not inserted).