baslinux - Re: [BL] floppy version

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] floppy version
  • Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2007 12:14:52 +1200

Message from Steven
===================
Sindi wrote:

> The SW8.1 glibc 2.2.5 libraries worked
> perfectly in BL3.40.

Really? I would expect them to have the same
issue with libc5 X libraries.

> Why would they NOT work equally well in BL3.50?

I have no idea. And I don't really care.
The 2.3.1 libraries work with Opera and
those are the ones I recommend.

> I would take me far too long to download SW90
> glibc package.

Why? The glibc-solibs-2.3.1 package is 1mb.
I just downloaded the Opera 9 package (on dialup)
and it's 7mb.

> >> This file is not there, nor is the glibc2 directory.
> >
> > I'll fix it today.

It has been fixed.

> I unpackaged Opera in / and run it from /opera*/bin/opera

It sounds like you didn't install Opera.
I'm not sure running it from the archive's
bin directory actually works.

> Opera 8.52 worked in 3.40.

It also works in 3.50. So does Opera 9.21.

> Please could you retrace my steps?

There is no need to retrace your steps. You
just need to follow the recommended steps.

> I am hoping to share BL3.50 with friends who
> are waiting for Opera

There is no need to wait. Opera works with 3.50.
Simply follow the step-by-step instructions.