baslinux - [BL] BL3.50 and image viewing with links graphical

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] BL3.50 and image viewing with links graphical
  • Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 13:26:17 +0000 (UTC)

It is possible that the problems I had on Debian with Zgv/Svgalib _were_
because of the i810 chip. It would crash, sometimes, when I exited Zgv and
that crash
was video-monitor related. A lot of other people had the same problem,
though, and I doubt that they all used a chipset from that family.
Lee

Would you please try it with the latest svgalib that I just compiled and
posted specifically for the i810, 260K libvga.so.1.9.25 (and you will need
libvga.gl if you use zgv - from the larger .tgz). I want to know whether
to try setting up the onboard i810. If it does not work with svgalib I
won't bother because I want a chip that works with that as well as X,
preferably Xvesa so I can simply copy linux between drives but we don't
have enough free slots in one board.

Another way to check if your chip is now supported by svgalib 1.4.3 is to download and copy to two floppy disks blueflops, which uses svgalib 1.4.3 and links2.1pre19 (graphical with javascript and SSL in 492K but you need libvga and libpng and libz and libjpeg as well). Everything is dynamically compiled against uclibc including busybox 1.1.10. They also have a 46K dbclient.

To work around a problem with svgalib they put Vesatext line in libvga.config and if text mode is messed up on exit type vesa.

This would save the risk of crashing your regular linux.