baslinux - Re: [BL] Xvesa Xli Images

  • From: James Miller <jamtat AT mailsnare.net>
  • To: lforrestster AT gmail.com, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Xvesa Xli Images
  • Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2007 15:40:51 -0600

On Sun, Jan 07, 2007 at 12:57:34PM +0000, Lee Forrest wrote:

> That gives a little better color in the image, but no more
> detail, and screwed up my xterms badly: Big font and the bottom
> and left margins run beyond the screen.
>
> I also tried 320... and got huge font and giant image and giant
> xterm.
>
> What's missing now is not really color. It's close to being
> acceptable. It's detail - resolution (I'm trying to be careful
> with the words I use here, because I don't know the proper jargon
> for discussing these things).

I believe the resolution to these new problems is to specify a different
(smaller) geometry
for your xterms and a smaller font for them (maybe 6x9 if you're using fixed
fonts). The
lower your resolution is set, the smaller your xterm geometry and font size
must be, if I
understand these things correctly. Does that sound worth trying?

James