baslinux - Re: [BL] Archive searching

  • From: Ron Clarke <ariadne AT ausreg.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Archive searching
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 10:26:40 +1100

Hi Folks,

On Mon, 15 Jan 2007 22:57:27 +0000 (UTC)
sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org> wrote:

> On Tue, 16 Jan 2007, Greg Mayman wrote:
>
> > I received a message this morning re the archive searching link on
> > Steven's Basiclinux support page, that it has been fixed.
>

> > Well, it still doesn't work on my computer with links2 under Ron
> > Clarke's 50M loop distro of BL3..
>
> It works for me in ext2 BL2 with links2, links-0.93, and lynx.
>
> Since the search is with google on baslinux xxx, the sponsored links
> include Free Sex Videos XXX and XXX Porn Naked Females Free Links to the
> Hottest Ladies. Maybe xxx could be changed to 'topic'?
>

> > If I could do a screen snapshot I could show you what I mean, but what i
> > see is one line finishing with <A and the next line starting with HREF=
> > and so on. This is all in plain font, not highlighted as a link, and
> > clicking anywhere on the related characters does nothing.
>
> You are seeing the underlying HTML with all the tags, rather than the
> rendered version. Ron, does this also happen when you use your loop
> version of BL?

I checked BOTH websites. The Russian one is fine, it is the other one
that has the error.

Yes, Greg is correct. The code still shows. So I checked the html and
found the problem.

The URL for the archive search ends with a double inverted commas: i.e.
"" where there should be only one. Later Links are able to ignore it, but
the Links2 that is an add-on to BL3 does not.

> > In Arachne/DOS it shows up with only the word "here" highlighted as a
> > link, as indeed should be the case here.

Because Arachne is also able to ignore that grammatical error.

Regards,
Ron

--
Ron Clarke