baslinux - Re: [BL] pure-ftpd pppd passwd (was: [delete])

  • From: Lee Forrest <lforrestster AT gmail.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] pure-ftpd pppd passwd (was: [delete])
  • Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2006 16:39:40 +0000

On Sun, Dec 31, 2006 at 11:59:20PM +0000, sindi keesan wrote:

> > I can't imagine doing FTP without a full client available,
> > so that you can connect to the server and browse the files
> > there. But it wouldn't have to be anything as large and
> > complex as ncftp.
>

> I made scripts to move files from my computer to and from the
> BL directory at my sdf shell account using ftpput and ftpget.
> I already know what is where.

But that isn't true of all the FTP servers out there, is it? If
you want to limit yourself to knowing what's on one FTP server,
go ahead.

> >> Steven (?) suggested something shorter:
> >> kill `pidof pppd`

> kill and pidof and sed are in busybox. How much smaller would
> busybox be without pidof?

Smaller than it is with that utterly redundant utility. That
tiny sed script does exactly the same job. As a standalone
executable, it's 57 bytes. Bet pidof is a _lot_ larger than
that.

[delete]

Lee

--