baslinux - Re: [BL] pure-ftpd pppd passwd (was: [delete])

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: lforrestster AT gmail.com, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] pure-ftpd pppd passwd (was: [delete])
  • Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2006 23:59:20 +0000 (UTC)

I can't imagine doing FTP without a full client available,
so that you can connect to the server and browse the files
there. But it wouldn't have to be anything as large and
complex as ncftp.

I made scripts to move files from my computer to and from the BL directory at my sdf shell account using ftpput and ftpget. I already know what is where.

Steven (?) suggested something shorter:

kill `pidof pppd`

kill and pidof and sed are in busybox. How much smaller would busybox be without pidof?

Shorter in writing, but not shorter on disk space.

And because it's in a script, you only have to write
it once...

Lee