baslinux - Re: [BL] Help for a newbie

  • From: "Ron Clarke" <ariadne AT ausreg.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Help for a newbie
  • Date: Mon, 01 Jan 2007 12:02:03 +1000

Hi Folks,

On Sun, 31 Dec 2006 23:53:22 +0000 (UTC), sindi keesan wrote:

>> But Arachne comes with installation wizards, 140 kb of help
>> files, another 129 kb of files in the DOC subdirectory, and
>> another 130k of examples.
>> That all makes it a LOT easier for the new user.

> I found Arachne much more confusing and somewhat buggy.

How long has it been since you last tried Arachne ?

Arachne is under constant development, and is almost infinately
customisable. The installation wizards all work properly, and the
support from the Arachne mailing list matches what we enjoy on the BL
list.

Bugs are rather few and far between, and are dealt with remarkably
quickly.

I am answering this email with Arachne v.1.90JG (Arachne GPL), much
customised.

Regards,
Ron

Ron Clarke