baslinux - Re: [BL] pure-ftpd (was: base64 (MIME) encoder/decoder)

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: lforrestster AT gmail.com, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] pure-ftpd (was: base64 (MIME) encoder/decoder)
  • Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2006 01:46:22 +0000 (UTC)

On Sat, 30 Dec 2006, Lee Forrest wrote:

On Sat, Dec 30, 2006 at 11:59:43PM +0000, sindi keesan wrote:
[delete]
Copy pure_ftpd to /usr/sbin (you do not need the rest of Ron's package)
[delete]

Your whole post is helpful, Sindi. I've just downloaded Ron's
package and am reading the docs.

I post things with myself in mind, so I can refer to them later after forgetting how things work. Half of what I find useful in the BL archives is by me ;=)

Please briefly summarize any other useful features of pure-ftpd and whether any of the other files are also helpful (binaries or documentation).

Can ftpget or at least a full ftp copy entire directories like Steven's send/receive routines? We are copying partitions between hard drives. Two of ours failed today (Windows and DOS) and we have linux on the other drive in the computer (or can run it from floppy disk and probably fit pure-ftpd in RAMdisk).

I may just use dd between equal size partitions.

Thanks,

Lee