baslinux - Re: [BL] USB support

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: BasicLinux List <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [BL] USB support
  • Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 14:26:53 +1300

Christof Lange wrote:

> Is there a way to change the size of /dev/ram0?

Yes, or you can mount a second 4mb ramdisk:
--------------------------------------
mke2fs -i8192 -m0 /dev/ram1 4096
mount -t ext2 /dev/ram1 /usr/local/bin
--------------------------------------
You don't have to mount it at /usr/local/bin
(that is just an example).

> Is this size in some relation to the line
>
> CONFIG_BLK_DEV_RAM_SIZE=4096

Yes, the BL3 kernel has a maximum ramdisk of 4mb.
It can handle up to 16 ramdisks.

> in the Config file used while compiling the kernel?

Yes. It can be changed when you compile the kernel.

> Would Sindi be able to change this figure, eg. to 8192

Yes, I once compiled a kernel for a 16mb ramdisk
and used fs.img (after trimming and gzipping) as
baslinux.gz.