baslinux - Re: [BL] USB support

  • From: Christof Lange <cce.zizkov AT volny.cz>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] USB support
  • Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 02:54:25

On 28 Dec 06 at 21:14, keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org wrote:

>>> If you still use DOS, download from my site the two .sys modules and put
>>> them in config.sys and you will be assigned a drive letter for your flash
>>> memory stick after you plug it in (or plug in before booting and leave
>>> off the /w, which means to wait.
>>>
>>> devicehigh=aspi8dos.sys /v /r /w
>>
>> Where are these modules on your site?
>
>I just now uploaded them. Sorry.
>See also my config.sys in http://keesan.freeshell.org/bl

When I attempted to download them I got an error message from the
server (wrong permission).

>The sy kernel should work for both if you have space for it. CD burning
>requires scsi support and the laptop kernels do not have that. I can make
>you a smaller kernel with cdrom support, scsi_mod and sd_mod and the USB
>modules built in too, but not for a week or so. I really need to finish a
>translation and a few other things first. Perhaps David would have time
>sooner.

No reason to hurry. I will try to give you a precise description
of what I need after some more thinking and experimenting. One
special feature besides those I mentioned before may be the
size of the RAM disk for the root file system. I believe any other
features can already be found on one or more of the existing kernels.
So I will be able to test them before.

What was most important for me today, was to see that the 2.4.31
kernels can work within my BL2 installations. Already now, the
kernels will be a big help on those computers with BL2 on a hard disk
partition. The RAM version that may be in the end of these experiments
is a next step as it can be used on those computers without
a existing BL2 installation. But this is not urgent, because the
DOS drivers work reliably everywhere.

Christof

Ceskobratrska cirkev evangelicka - Betlemska kaple na Zizkove
Prokopova 4/216, 130 00 Praha 3, Czech Republic
Tel. (+420) 222 78 06 73 / 222 78 20 02 / 603 18 87 53
http://www.volny.cz/cce.zizkov