baslinux - Re: [BL] USB support

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: Christof Lange <cce.zizkov AT volny.cz>, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] USB support
  • Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 03:44:25 +0000 (UTC)

Yes. It can be changed when you compile the kernel.

Would Sindi be able to change this figure, eg. to 8192

This is great. So when Sindi finds some time to create
a custom kernel for me she also can add the necessary
capacity of the RAM disk. In the meantime I can work on the
baslinux.gz with the applications and scripts.

Sindi will recompile with 8MB RAMDISK but maybe wait until you have tested the existing 'lc' kernel, in case something else needs changing at the same time. I did not even try booting with it.

http://keesan.freeshell.org/bl/2.4.31/bzimaglc.431

Could you please explain me just one more thing: How do I create a
new baslinux.gz file with let me say 8192 kb. Until now I only
modified existing RAM disk versions. I know how to mount them with
the loop option. But I have never created a new one with a different
size.

I think to make an 8MB baslin, you create an empty file

dd if=/dev/zero of=baslinux2 bs=1024 count=8 ???

and copy files to it (cp -a *) from baslinux, then rename baslinux to something else and rename baslinux2 to baslinux and gzip it. I used this method to make an 8MB loop linux to put on my camera and a 100MB loop linux to put on a computer without a free partition.

dd is also used to make a swapfile, followed by mkswap (?) and swapon

Christof

Ceskobratrska cirkev evangelicka - Betlemska kaple na Zizkove
Prokopova 4/216, 130 00 Praha 3, Czech Republic
Tel. (+420) 222 78 06 73 / 222 78 20 02 / 603 18 87 53
http://www.volny.cz/cce.zizkov