baslinux - Re: [BL] base64 (MIME) encoder/decoder

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] base64 (MIME) encoder/decoder
  • Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 20:37:19 +0000 (UTC)

On Fri, 29 Dec 2006 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

sindi keesan wrote:

I know how to write .procmailrc and .forward to filter spam

That could be useful. If your files are small, I would like
to see them.

They are enormous at the moment but I can post a small sample version . My sample is set to use spamassassin (spamc) but I catch 90% of my spam before it gets to spamassassin. I filter on Subject, From, To, Received, or the message body for various strings, with wildcards allowed, and send matches to /dev/null or $MAIL or a spam folder. spamassassin assigns points for ALL CAPS, ALL HTML, being on spamcop list, no subject line, forged received, etc., and catches a few things my other filters missed, but it is slow.

I dump anything with certain HTML tags (3D, embedded images), KOI8-R, Windows charsets (after whitelisting friends who use them).

Abiword is a biggie (12MB). The few times I tried to use it
to edit WORD files it botched the format.

I use AbiWord several times a week and it works perfectly
for composing doc and rtf documents. It also does a good
job of displaying uncomplicated docs created by MS-Word.
However, fancy doc files created by MS-Word are often too
complicated for AbiWord and it displays them imperfectly.

All people ever send me to back-translate are the very complicated ones, with tables, other charsets, etc. Drug package inserts or labels or questionnaires or forms with images in them.

For reading fancy doc files, I use OpenOffice (on BL2).
So far OpenOffice has displayed everything perfectly,
but it is significantly bigger and slower than AbiWord.

How big? People are willing to send me pdf files instead, but I cannot type on top of them.