baslinux - Re: [BL] base64 (MIME) encoder/decoder

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] base64 (MIME) encoder/decoder
  • Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 08:06:25 +1300

sindi keesan wrote:

> I know how to write .procmailrc and .forward to filter spam

That could be useful. If your files are small, I would like
to see them.

> Abiword is a biggie (12MB). The few times I tried to use it
> to edit WORD files it botched the format.

I use AbiWord several times a week and it works perfectly
for composing doc and rtf documents. It also does a good
job of displaying uncomplicated docs created by MS-Word.
However, fancy doc files created by MS-Word are often too
complicated for AbiWord and it displays them imperfectly.

For reading fancy doc files, I use OpenOffice (on BL2).
So far OpenOffice has displayed everything perfectly,
but it is significantly bigger and slower than AbiWord.