baslinux - Re: [BL] etiquette

  • From: Ron Clarke <ariadne AT ausreg.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] etiquette
  • Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 07:38:17 +1100

Hi Folks,

On Thu, 28 Dec 2006 12:37:02 +1300
3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

> Greg Mayman wrote:
> >
> > Did I say it was in this list? No I did NOT. And what does it
> > matter what list it was on?
>
> It matters because you got bad advice. It is not our fault
> that some other list gave you bad advice.

The advice Greg Mayman got was partially from me and from other Linux
users on the Arachne list, but sadly was misunderstood. The advice was not
bad, but perhaps not clear enough for a Linux newbie.

And Greg has emailed me to say he is now unsubscribed from this BL list,
so further help will not reach him.

But it does raise the point about complete Linux novices. Sindi has said
she was a Linux novice, and so was I. We both approached this list in the
right spirit and were helped, but guidance in the form of documentation is
not easily found for those who don't ask THIS list.

Perhaps it is going to be worth the effort to rejuvenate the FAQ that is
still there at the BL1 website, and aim it at BL3 novices. I would be happy
to host it on one of my domains.

Regards,
Ron

--