baslinux - Re: [BL] base64 (MIME) encoder/decoder

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] base64 (MIME) encoder/decoder
  • Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 21:53:09 +0000 (UTC)

On Fri, 29 Dec 2006 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

sindi keesan wrote:

For reading fancy doc files, I use OpenOffice (on BL2).
So far OpenOffice has displayed everything perfectly,
but it is significantly bigger and slower than AbiWord.

How big?

The OpenOffice 1.1.5 package is an 80mb download.
After it is unpacked, it fills around 200mb.

I download at about 8MB/hour under ideal conditions. Is there some way to download just the wordprocessor, maybe without things like templates and clip art? An Open Office Lite?

It is simpler just to refuse jobs that require WORD.