baslinux - Re: [BL] ERROR 30:R/O file system - loop BL3 with 2.4.31 kernels

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] ERROR 30:R/O file system - loop BL3 with 2.4.31 kernels
  • Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 18:09:25 +0000 (UTC)

We tried filling these in on the Win98 laptop but it could not get ANY
signal. The linux computer got a strong signal but no connection. It
helped to be on the second floor in between two houses with broadband.
Maybe it picked the strongest signal, which was a secured network in the
nearest house. How would one scan for available connections in BL and
choose one?

I used the same numbers above. I really do not know what I am doing.

The Win98 laptop had a Linksys Wireless-B card (cardbus) with OEM driver. The same card worked for me on the other Win98 laptop so I looked in system and was told the card or its drivers crashed Win98 and it was never going to use them again. (I installed three times without it working).

Sindi/Si