baslinux - Re: [BL] BL2 bare.i as gateway to internet, was Re: NFS on BL3

  • From: "David Moberg" <davidjmoberg AT gmail.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL2 bare.i as gateway to internet, was Re: NFS on BL3
  • Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2006 15:15:15 -0800

sindi keesan wrote:
Now I am back at the dialed-in computer because when I tried to use xfbdev
(rivafb) from vt2 and then switch back to vt1 the screen went funny
colors and I tried to exit and got
'Unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at virtual address
00000000' etc., and now I can switch VTs but not type anything onscreen.
Cold reboot

That has happened to me as well with xfbdev on atyfb. Could be an
xfbdev bug or my own fault (since I compiled xfbdev and made other
mistakes, such as linking it against libm5).

What do I change in my 2.4.31 kernel so the ipchains firewall business
will work and how much bigger does it make the kernel (will it still fit
on floppy disk?)? (I will also add the three nfs drivers in the kernel).

I have never used firewall. You should probably just enable all of the
network firewall options. Here is bzimage.big for reference:

CONFIG_PACKET=y
CONFIG_NETLINK=y
CONFIG_RTNETLINK=y
CONFIG_NETLINK_DEV=m