baslinux - Re: [BL] IPv6 and BL

  • From: Lee Forrest <lforrestster AT gmail.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] IPv6 and BL
  • Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2006 18:57:08 -0800

On Wed, Dec 06, 2006 at 07:25:57PM -0600, Samual Acorn wrote:
> gmails spam filter would show these messages in the 'bulk mail' folder....
>
> i guess i should note here that you wont see your own email sent to
> this mailing list (or any other for that matter) in the inbox until
> someone replys to it... thats how gmail has always worked...

That's bizarre (and stupid). Are you sure? Anyway, I've yet to
receive a single mail from myself to the list at gmail. Not in
the "spam" or "trash" folders either.

They make it to others on the list and the archives, but not
here, though I get everyone else's posts to the list.

---------------

Sindi,

#From keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org Wed Dec 6 18:24:48 2006

>Have you tried forwarding all received gmail to another address?

That's probably worth a try as a last resort.

>Maybe gmail's spam filter is somehow choking on ibiblio mail
>with your name on it?

Could be. Might be the ibiblio listserver too. I did try to
subscribe from two other accounts, yahoo and simple.net, using
the same real name. Could have confused its filters.

----------------

#From SheldonIsaac AT myrealbox.com Wed Dec 6 18:24:46 2006

>Hello, Lee Forrest:

And to you, Sheldon.

>(portions snipped)

> This is also another test post. I still haven't received one of
> my posts to the list.

>I've seen your list posts going back as far as Nov 24.

Yeh. But I haven't. Unless I go to the archives.

> And other people on the list use gmail.

> I'v used it for several months, but my Basic Linux list mail
> still goes to this address.

>(Have just started fowarding all mail received at
>sheldonisaac AT myrealbox.com to my gmail account - seems to be
>removing stopping most of the spam)

Sindi suggested having gmail forward the list mail
to my simple.net account. Might work.

It really screws up the threading having my posts missing
from the list mail, and makes double-checking what I posted
a hassle, a hassle that listservers were created to eliminate!

I suppose I _could_ write a script that edited and inserted my posts
to the list in my list mailbox...

Procmail would make it simple enough.

----------------------

#From 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org Wed Dec 6 18:24:45 2006

[delete]

>The 2.2.26 kernel can be compiled for IPv6.

That's libc5?

> This is also another test post. I still haven't
> received one of my posts to the list.

>Try again. I just fiddled with one of your user options.

Thanks, Steven.

This is trying again.

Lee