baslinux - Re: [BL] Configure printcap etc. for an Epson Stylus

  • From: Ron Clarke <ariadne AT earthlink.com.au>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Configure printcap etc. for an Epson Stylus
  • Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2006 07:50:02 +1000

Hi Folks,

I am pleased to say that I have installed a new (second-hand) printer for
DOS and Linux.
It is an HP Laserjet 5N, monochrome. I downloaded to DOS software that goes
with it, and I was also able to print from BL2 by editing deskjet.filter to
make sDEVICE=ljetplus and everything else the same.

On Fri, 28 Jul 2006 02:46:32 +0000 (UTC)
sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org> wrote:

> How do you make pdf files in DOS?

From HTM files, using Arachne -> xxxx.ps output file, then using
Ghostscript 7.x for DOS, or by quickly booting BL2 and using phoenix ->
nnn.ps, then ps2pdf.

> Beware of used laser paper feeders and jams unless you are very handy.

This one has been completely reconditioned and has a new paper-feeder
installed a few months ago.

BTW: I have just got ADSL connected, and I have accessed it with BL2. Not
sure how, my first few attempts failed miserably, and then it suddenly
worked. (using netsetup with dhcp server set).
I hope it still works next time. :)

It didn't. :(
Nor the time after that, or the time after that !
I am now back to dial-up.

The ADSL modem/router is a NetComm NB5Plus4, which I am told is running a
Windows system.
Any hints would be gratefully received.

Regards,
Ron