baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3 games for children

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3 games for children
  • Date: Sat, 8 Jul 2006 17:07:02 +0000 (UTC)

On Sat, 8 Jul 2006 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

sindi keesan wrote:

www.shockwave.com has kids' flash games. I keep
getting popups telling me that the game will start
shortly, then nothing else happens.

It doesn't work for me either. It says a need a media player
(although my SWFlash works fine on other sites.

Try this one:
http://www.pibmug.com/files/map_test.swf
It works perfectly for me.

So do these:

http://www.ababasoft.com/music/rainbow_piano.html
http://www.ababasoft.com/music/notepair.html
http://www.cogcon.com/gamegoo/gooeyhomelo.html

Thanks. Can you try pbskids.org? I could not get into any games at that site.

I should first try to get a working BL2 mouse. This is the computer where your BL3.40 busybox and my 1.1.10 do not boot or insmod, nor does the BL2 full insmod work. I will try BL3.32 busybox in BL2. I would replace the computer but it is 600MHz with three ISA slots.

Do the gpm, svgalib, SVGA X and Xvesa mouses rely on some other file(s)?

Do all SWF sites load very slowly?

Even a 'basketball math' non SWF game rewarded each correct answer with a shot of making a basket (different each time) that took a few minutes to download and then played very slowly. On a 166MHz with 32MB.

I should figure out and teach the kids your games but they heard of Nickelodeon (can't figure it out with Opera) and Disneychannel (needs later flash).

We have an asci DOS typing tutor and will set up a menu to choose between DOS and linux at boot time.