baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3 games for children

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3 games for children
  • Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2006 19:36:32 +0000 (UTC)

I am about to download a bunch of old graphical DOS games for the kids to
play offline. Online graphics is too slow via dialup for most games.

These old games (7K to 700K) display CGA and play via PC speaker (no need to put in a sound card) and are much simpler. I found a much older digger (which I can only exit with Ctrl-Alt-Del), tetris, arcanoid, paratrooper and prince, all of which are playable by kids at least on the beginner's level.

I will look for PacMan and Mario Brothers.

Steven's xdigger is too complicated. Of the linux games, only hangman was usable by the kids. I will try to teach them to 'climb down' in castlemaze.

It does not help that I don't know how to play computer games.

I also have the DOS typing tutor.

Thanks for all the ideas.