baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3 games for children

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3 games for children
  • Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2006 16:28:48 +0000 (UTC)

There are a lot of games online that require Shockwave Flash.
Steven, how did you install it, please give details.

Please note: SW Flash does not work on libc5 X libraries.
It does not work on BL3 (unless you upgrade the X libraries).

The X libraries used by rxvt, xinit, icewm and Opera, are (in SW71)
libX11 - 767K (586K in BL3)
libXext - 258K
libXpm - 62K
libSM - 37K
libICE - 89K

icewm - 285K
rxvt - 78K
xinit - 10K

xpaint also wants:
libXaw - 258K
libXmu - 86K
libXt - 343K
(The others in Steven's x-libs.tgz are not used by these, or I think by the other games I was trying to get working).

If I get this working I might package these (or all but the last three) along with whatever is really needed from libtiff.tgz and post a package (to use along with the 997K shockwave flash for linux).

Steven said he used SW9.0 glibc. Does it refuse to work with glibc 2.2.5?

I will soon know.

Yes, netscape-type plugins such as flash require motif or lesstif.
slakware/x1/lesstif.tgz should work.

It is 2.5MB and includes header files for compiling. What libraries are actually needed for flash to work?

I think Opera 7 requires you to type something into Preferences to use
realudio plugins- file endings, etc. And the name of the program to use.

Do I need to do any of this for SW Flash in Opera 7? I have only one .so
library and one .xpt file and no program.

I can untar opera 8 and run it from the /bin directory without installing it to test it out if need be.

David