baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3 games for children

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3 games for children
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 15:15:50 +0000 (UTC)

How does one turn off xsnow (which wastes memory) from the menu?
kill `pidof xsnow` works from CLI but not in the menu
("stop snow" app rxvt -e kill `pidof xsnow` )

Maybe you need another set of quotes:

"stop snow" app rxvt -e "kill `pidof xsnow`"

This did not work either. Do you want to experiment in killing processes via the icewm menu?

I was able to reboot via the menu, from a setup which goes directly into X on boot and back to it when I hit Ctrl-Alt-Backspace (and I think also Ctrl-Alt-Del, not sure). prog "reboot" xterm rxvt -e /sbin/reboot

Does reboot do something different from Ctrl-Alt-Del?
In our Emachine, the latter sometimes worked when the former did not after we tried to upgrade to a faster bus speed. (We put it back to 333MHz).

David