baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3 games for children

  • From: "David Moberg" <davidjmoberg AT gmail.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3 games for children
  • Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2006 10:54:28 -0700

sindi keesan wrote:
On Thu, 6 Jul 2006 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

> sindi keesan wrote:
>>
>> There are a lot of games online that require Shockwave Flash.
>> Steven, how did you install it, please give details.
>
> Please note: SW Flash does not work on libc5 X libraries.
> It does not work on BL3 (unless you upgrade the X libraries).

Perhaps this is why it complained about libc being older than 2.2?

IIRC it prefers glibc 2.3.

Maybe I will try SW Flash in BL2 first - after copying the two files to
the plugins directory, what else would I need to do in Opera?
Do I need some motif library? I have Opera 7.23.

Yes, netscape-type plugins such as flash require motif or lesstif.
slakware/x1/lesstif.tgz should work.

Does Flash play movies with sounds?

Yes, the flash plugin plays to /dev/dsp.

Would I just install the sound
modules and an sb card and Flash?

And X or Xvesa on BL2.

David